Dodds provides industry leading Preventative Maintenance programs for commercial customers overhead garage doors, electric openers and barrier gates.
Preventative Maintenance is an essential part of keeping overhead doors and electric openers in safe working order.
Preventative Maintenance includes comprehensive site checks with written reports to help property managers and condominium directors manage their overhead door assets.
Is Preventative Maintenance Required?
- Reduce inconvenience to residents
- Reduce unexpected breakdowns
- Reduce liability
- Reduce costs
- Provide peace of mind
Condo Act – July 2017 (Section 27)
- Managers are responsible for the Security, Safety, Repairs and Maintenance of the Common elements (includes Overhead Garage Door System)
City of Toronto: By Law 930-2000, Chapter 629 – Property Standards
- 21.A.3. All exterior doors, windows, skylights and basement hatchways, including storm and screen doors and storm windows, shall be maintained in good repair and free from defects and missing components
- 41.A Garage doors; exit doors. If a garage door allows for vehicular ingress or egress from a parking or storage area, and is equipped with an automatic closing mechanism, the garage door shall be equipped with a sensing device (safety device) that does not allow the door to close when any person, animal or object is crossing it’s path
- Similar bylaws exist in nearly all GTA municipalities
UL325 – Continuously Monitored entrapment protection devices
- Primary – photoeye at 6” from ground or bottom safety edge – pedestrian safety
- Ancillary device for vehicles
Get a FREE consultation from our commercial sales team