Side-Mount Electric Openers
Side-Mount or Jackshaft electric openers differ from the typical chain or belt drive garage door opener in that they are installed to the side of the garage door. One of the greatest features of the Side-Mount garage door opener is that the machine does not have a boom that hangs down the center of your garage. Further, the operator is mounted on the side of your garage thereby taking up less space. If you have enough room above the garage door for the door to open directly up, adding a Jackshaft electric opener could create space for a car lift or storage. The Jackshaft garage door opener uses the same remotes and digital keypads as traditional garage door openers.
Dodds sells side-mount garage door openers with installation. See our selction of residential electric opener options.
- Side mount – no space needed above the door
- Allows for high lift track
- Ultra-quiet motor-eliminates sound and vibration through the ceiling. Perfect if there is a room above or next to garage.
- Battery backup compatible (Sold separately)
- Remote light-delivers 200 watts of light with adjustable light time delay
- Rolling code technology-remotes roll to a new frequency every time used. Reduces chance of break-in.
- Timer-to-Close-remembers to close garage door automatically after a pre-programmed number of minutes.
- Motion detector-activates the garage door opener lights as soon as person enters garage
- The Protector System-safety sensors that project a light beam across the garage door opening, automatically reversing the door if beam is interrupted.
- Power Lock Deadbolt-ensures door cannot be forced open.
- Warranty-Lifetime motor; 5-year parts (1-year Battery backup-sold separately)
- Exterior keypad for keyless entry
- 3-button remote control
- Battery Backup
60+ years of service - Dodds has been serving the GTA since 1958. Our prices are fair and most importantly our service is extraordinary. Solid rail - Dodds uses a solid steel rail which is not available at the box stores. It is stronger and less likely to break.